November 24, 2008

So Far, So Good

Northrend has arrived... or should I say we have arrived on Northrend? I chose to start off in Howling Fjord, it is absolutely beautiful. I did a few quests in Dragonblight and the Tundra before going to Grizzly Hills, another wonderful place... very Irish feeling, which is fitting for this redhead. =) I hear rumors I need to go back to Dragonblight because there are some pretty amazing quest chains there. I have been exploring Zul Drak which also has some wonderfully interesting chains. I never noticed it before, perhaps because I started right after BC came out, but I think Blizzard has put a lot more time and effort into the storylines this time around. Everyone in our guild is amazed by the scenery as well as the lore that has been included in this expansion.

I'm leveling with a dreamstate build. Honestly, it's taken longer than I had expected. A lot of people... let's say 15 out of our usual 30 or so raiders, are already 80. I'm sitting at 76, just having hit it late last night. And I miss my Wild Growth among our other talents. But I have to say, healing has not been difficult. I was healing 75-76 level instances at 72 and doing a fine job. The splash damage spread out among everyone would be taken care of so much easier with a quick WG to myself instead of 5 rejuv or LB's. Ah well... I'll be 80 soon enough, I hope.

The guild is starting DKP this week and I'm hoping not to fall too far behind. To be fair, they've divided everyone's current DKP by 5 so that there is less of a difference between top and bottom, but didn't think it was fair to wipe out everyone's to 0, which I think is fair even though I'm nowhere near the top... the people who have been in the guild the longest deserve not to have the results of their hard work wiped out totally. Several people who are not yet 80 are upset that they are starting with DKP, and will be using it on 10 mans. I can understand their concern to an extent... they're worried they'll get too far behind and won't have a fair shot at using DKP. On the other hand, those who are earning DKP will be using it in the raids they attend... for the most part they're mature enough not to stash it away and to use it on the upgrades that drop in the 10's initially. So while they get a head start at aquiring DKP, they also get a head start using it... I think it'll all even itself out in the end. Ahh... guild drama... fun fun. That's a new thing for us, we're all pretty laid back, friendly and non-dramatic so the argument was a bit of a surprise to everyone. I think some people are very unhappy, but they left it that if people were at an extreme advantage they would change the way things work. All I know is I am psyched to hit 80, start running heroics and raiding and be done with this leveling stuff... at least until I start working on my mage and hunter. =P

No comments: