November 12, 2008

WOTLK Tonight!

Well, well, well... tonight's the big night, inspired by a few other blogs I decided to start my own, and on what better day to do it than the day the WoW Lich King expansion comes out? I figured I'd better get my first post in considering the fact that we'll all probably be pretty distracted this weekend. I put up links to a few of my favorite blogs and websites... there will be more to come. I plan on adding links to my favorite addons as well as a few other treats, but for now I'm sticking with the basics.

My copy of LK is reserved at GameStop, and according to the recorded phonecall I got yesterday they're starting the party at 10:00 and people can pick up their copy at 12:00am. Also, they welcome everyone to dress up for the event. Now, I love Ren Faires and I love WoW, but at 10:00 at night there is no way I am dressing up as a Night Elf (my main) or a Dwarf (my reality) or even a gnome (one of my favorite races). I will be heading there around 10:30-11, maybe meet a few people, chat, and pick up my reserved copy to run home with as quickly as possible.

I am praying the installation doesn't take more than an hour and I will crash as soon as that's done. I will go to work tomorrow, and I am positive the minutes will tick by... VERY S L O W L Y until I get out of work, at which point I'm sure several people will be well on their way to 80. I specced feral to help friends farm runes from the scourge event, but I am planning on respeccing some form of dreamstate to level. I love resto, and I want to remain a decent healer for 5-mans, but I want to see how much damage I can pull off with a few extra balance talents. This is the spec I'm considering: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/druid/talents.html?tal=55320031200310300000000000000000000000000000000000000000023033031023150240100000000 I've left out a few key talents, I'm sure. But to be able to do what I want to, I think I have the best combination to reach my goals.

I am also looking forward to getting my level 68 hunter to 80 (a friend suggested I make one and now I just adore my hunter) and leveling a death knight as well. I have far too many alts... 70 mage, 61 lock, 60 shammy, 50 priest and rogue, 32 pally and I enjoy them all, but top on the list to get to 80 will be my druid and hunter (since they're on separate accounts) then my mage and death knight, and then the rest. OK... I think that's enough rambling for one day. If you have any comments on the new spec, or anything else, feel free to post, I'd love to hear from you!

3 comments:

Loni Huff said...

Looks wonderful! The link you posted earlier today wasn't working when I was drawing up the latest Community Spotlight, but I've bookmarked you for my next one! :-)

Pixiedark said...

Aww, thanks Phae! I'm a little torn as to how I want to proceed in LK, but I'm sure I'll figure it out in the next few days. =)

World of Warcraft Gold Guide said...

good post :)